Of Mutts and Men (A Chet & Bernie Mystery #10) (Hardcover)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 10 in the A Chet & Bernie Mystery series.
- #1: Dog on It: A Chet and Bernie Mystery (The Chet and Bernie Mystery Series #1) (Paperback): $16.99
- #2: Thereby Hangs a Tail: A Chet and Bernie Mystery (The Chet and Bernie Mystery Series #2) (Paperback): Email or call for price
- #3: To Fetch a Thief: A Chet and Bernie Mystery (The Chet and Bernie Mystery Series #3) (Paperback): $17.00
- #4: The Dog Who Knew Too Much: A Chet and Bernie Mystery (The Chet and Bernie Mystery Series #4) (Paperback): $16.99
- #5: A Fistful of Collars: A Chet and Bernie Mystery (The Chet and Bernie Mystery Series #5) (Paperback): $16.00
- #6: The Sound and the Furry: A Chet and Bernie Mystery (The Chet and Bernie Mystery Series #6) (Paperback): $16.99
- #7: Paw and Order: A Chet and Bernie Mystery (The Chet and Bernie Mystery Series #7) (Paperback): $17.00
- #8: Scents and Sensibility: A Chet and Bernie Mystery (The Chet and Bernie Mystery Series #8) (Hardcover): $25.00
- #9: Heart of Barkness (A Chet & Bernie Mystery #9) (Hardcover): $25.99
Spencer Quinn's Of Mutts and Men is the latest in the New York Times and USA Today bestselling series that the Los Angeles Times called “nothing short of masterful"…
When Chet the dog, “the most lovable narrator in all of crime fiction” (Boston Globe), and his partner, PI Bernie Little of the desert-based Little Detective Agency, arrive to a meeting with hydrologist Wendell Nero, they are in for a shocking sight—Wendell has come to a violent and mysterious end. What did the hydrologist want to see them about? Is his death a random robbery, or something more? Chet and Bernie, working for nothing more than an eight-pack of Slim Jims, are on the case.
Bernie might be the only one who thinks the police have arrested the wrong man, including the perp’s own defense attorney. Chet and Bernie begin to look into Wendell’s work, a search that leads to a struggling winemaker who has received an offer he can’t refuse. Meanwhile, Chet is smelling water where there is no water, and soon Chet and Bernie are in danger like never before.
About the Author
Spencer Quinn is the bestselling author of the Chet and Bernie mystery series, as well as the #1 New York Times bestselling Bowser and Birdie series for middle-grade readers. He lives on Cape Cod with his wife Diana—and dogs Audrey and Pearl.
“I have been a Chet and Bernie fan from the start, and this is the best one yet—suspenseful, laugh-out-loud funny in places, and surprisingly tender. Chet is a wonderful narrator—top dog, you could say—but he never descends to cuteness, and Bernie is as tough a PI as Spade or Marlowe, a man as quick with his .38 as he is with a Slim Jim for his sidekick. I’m already jonesing for the next one.” —Stephen King on Of Mutts and Men
Previous Praise for Chet and Bernie:
“Chet, the dog, and Bernie, the PI, are a team made in mystery series heaven. Would that we all were as infallible in our dogs' eyes as Bernie is in Chet's.” —Susan Wilson, New York Times bestselling author of Two Good Dogs on Heart of Barkness
“Spencer Quinn speaks two languages—suspense and dog—fluently. Sometimes funny, sometimes touching, and in a few places terrifying … enchanting [and]one-of-a-kind.” —Stephen King on Dog On It
“Nothing short of masterful…. Sequels are a given, and a must.” —Los Angeles Times on Dog On It
“The most winning detective duo since Shaggy met Scooby.” —Christian Science Monitor
“A sterling tale of love between a man and his dog...amusing and introspective.” —Kirkus